Journey and Discover Sous Valley City of Taroudant
Taroudant, a city in Morocco's Sous Valley just east of Agadir is known as the "Grandmother of Marrakesh" because it resembles a smaller Marakech with rust-colored fortified ramparts which contain practically the whole city within its walls. On a Day Tour of Taroudant you can explore the sites and sounds of this charming old city.
- Pick up at your hotel or the Port in Agadir. Take the road to the walled city of Taroudant, former capital of the Saadian dynasty..
- By the roadside you will see argan trees with their gnarled and twisted trunks. This tree is native to south-west Morocco and produces nuts that are the source of a rich and tasty oil.
- Stop to visit the outer ramparts and then take a short break at Jnane Soussia restaurant for refreshments.
- Visit an Argan Oil Cooperative and see how argan nuts and ground into argan oil and argan butter. Sample and shop for products made from argan oil.
- Afterwards, explore the medina and visit the excellent Taroudant souks. The Berber market in Taroudant sells vegetables and spices, as well as clothes and household goods, while the Arab souk specializes in handicrafts such as terracotta, wrought iron, pottery, brass, copper, leather, carpets, and jewelry
- Visit the ancient walls of Taroudant that extend around the entire city and Place al Alouvine, a large central square and the heart of the medina.
- Have lunch at a charming cafe in the old city, or at the Riad Zitoune restaurant with an interior palmerie and gardens.
- Return to your hotel or the Port in Agadir.
- End your day with a visit to Immouzer des Ida Outanane, a beautiful village with a striking waterfall at the end of the palm-lined Paradise Valley. Go on a Thursday to visit the weekly souk.
OTHER TOURS FROM AGADIR
Discover the Seaside Berber Resort
Gorgeous beaches, international cuisine & bustling seaside city life