Ourika Valley One Day Tour
Ourika Valley / 1 Day
Discover the Ourika Valley on this One Day Excursion from Marrakesh.
- Morning departure from your riad or hotel in Marrakesh.
- Take a day off from the city heat of Marrakesh and escape to the Ourika Valley. Travel by Land Cruiser and visit the Souk de Tnine de L’Ourika, the gateway to the pleasant Ourika Valley.
- The roadsides are filled with gardens, palm tree plantations, and fruit orchards. Pass tiny hamlets, summer homes, cafes, and restaurants. Lunch in a traditional auberge, or take a picnic in a meadow facing the snow capped mountain overlooking the Ourika River.
- Moving through the valley we will visit Setti Fatma’s Waterfalls, a favorite weekend resort of many Moroccans appreciated for its beautiful streams and waterfalls. We will visit the famous tomb of Setti Fatima.
- Enjoy views of high green terraces, Atlas peaks, villages in the rocky foothills from the seven waterfalls that surround the village. Trek along the pretty trails and, ff you seek adventure, climb the walls to see rock carvings.
- Lunch near the Setti Fatma Cascades in a traditional Moroccan restaurant, or have a picnic.
- En route back to Marrakesh visit the Argan Cooperative where argan oil, argan butter, and argan cosmetics are made by hand from argan nuts. Berber women crack the nuts and the grind them one by one. Enjoy a complimentary tasting. This cooperative is run entirely by women
- Return to your riad or hotel in Marrakesh.