Cascades D'Ouzoud Waterfalls / 1 Day
You will journey to the CASCADES D’OUZOUD WATERFALLS on this One Day Excursion and Discover Waterfalls, Swim and Enjoy Lunch in a Traditional Berber Village.
- Morning departure from your hotel to the Cascades dʼOuzoud to view one of the most spectacular sights in Morocco. Located in a lush valley, in a friendly Berber village are the three beautiful tiered waterfalls of Ouzoud dropping 110m into the river below.
- Drive to Cascades DʼOuzoud and admire the scenery along the route.
- Arrive in Ouzoud in the early afternoon.
- Take a hike along the river up to the caves and gorges of Oued el-Abid, or stay close by the falls and enjoy the natural scenery. In the summer time, enjoy a picnic and mingle with Marrakshis that frequent this peaceful area on the weekends.
- Lunch at one of the delicious restaurants in dʼOuzoud surrounded by lime trees, or enjoy Moroccan specialties and fresh squeezed orange juice at one of the many cafes along the terraces on the path to the falls.
- After lunch, relax in a tent or straw hut located by the freshwater pools. Take a swim in the refreshing water, or stroll through the network of paths leading to the basins below the cascades.
- The bottom of the falls is accessible through a shaded path of olive trees. At the summit of the falls, there are a dozen small mills that are still in use. Barbary macaques can be seen at dusk and dawn drinking from the pools at the base of the cascades and within hiking distance is a nearby village known for its hand-carved wooden fishing boats and underground passages that just beg to be explored.
- Return to your hotel in Marrakesh.